Sunday, September 2, 2007

Struggling Through

I'm in one of those Blech! periods that seem to pop up from time to time. What makes this one marginally interesting (to me, anyway) is how I'm managing it. Once upon a time I would have used it as an excuse to eat non-healthy things in great abundance, but now my reaction seems to be...just blech! No follow-up. No angsting over the cause, the effects, the future. Just blech!

I had a horrible workout last Wednesday. There were actual tears involved. I'm not sure why, exactly, except that it seems like everything is so much harder to do these days. I wouldn't mind the struggle so much because we have added a little weight (*very* little) and a few (and I do mean few) more reps on some things, and I'm not this for the Easy Factor, but I think the combination of feeling like I'm right back where I started and the fact that the front part of my body seems to be melting into one unsightly blob in my midsection, combined with a fickle scale, was overwhelming for some reason and I had a sniffly moment.

But like I said, I didn't resort to a pity fest with Little Debbie as my only guest. Instead, I came home and tried on clothes that I was sure would be too big. They were. I smiled and went to bed happy. The next morning I had to try on even more clothes to prepare for a jeans day at work. All six pairs of jeans were too big! I wore the least big pair to work and beamed when a lot of folks mentioned the weight loss. Snifflies over.

Yesterday I went to Catherines and found new jeans. They're called The Right Fit and I love them. They only had one pair in my size, but I have another pair on order. Life without blue jeans is unimaginable.

This morning I went to walk the Greenbelt, but I was the only one who showed up. The trainers are in Louisiana on an unauthorized field trip, and I think my walking buddy was out of town as well. I walked the shorter of the two trails and a small portion of the other one, but the place was deserted this morning. No bicycles at all, and I only saw three other walkers. It was kind of spooky, to tell you the truth.

So here I am, still sort of blech-y, but not as much as before. I think we'll just have to call that Life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had a weepy moment, though I can totally sympathize. It sounds like you bounced back wonderfully though -- who wouldn't when confronted with the need to buy smaller jeans? ;-) Way to go! You're still inspiring me, every day... I'm planning on starting that trial membership at my local gym this week. This motivation to join a gym is all because of YOU!!! :-) Keep it up!

Sonal

Post a Comment