Saturday, August 18, 2007

It's Not the Heat...

All my life I've heard, "It's not the heat, it's the humidity" to describe the worst of summer, but I'm here today to tell you that it really is the heat. Eight days of 100+ temps have me just the teensiest bit cranky. Not to mention sweaty.

So, the folks from The Biggest Loser are in town doing try-outs for the new season. Several people who know I like the show have asked me if I planned to audition. Me, in spandex on national television. Me, in spandex anywhere. Not going to happen, folks. Evah. I do have one friend who says she's going over there, and I hope she will. She's perfect for the show, all charm and moxie.

Nothing much to report in my world. I didn't lose any weight last week, or so sayeth the scale, but I did learn that my cholesterol is looking pretty good. Total cholesterol is 141, which is really good, but the HDL is at 37. That's down two since I started exercising, which isn't what I was going for, but my doctor assures me it's nothing to worry about, given my overall low number.

Another good number: 15. That's the number on the weights I'm using for chest presses now. I'm at 12 pounds on all the others. I also increased my reps this week on several exercises. It wasn't particularly pretty, but I did it. :)

This weekend is about celebrating my birthday. I've timed it for my monthly splurge, so my family is taking me to Pancho's tonight, where I intend to have taco salad (not particularly splurge-y since I don't eat sour cream or guacamole, but it's good) and chip and dip. I refuse to count the tortilla chips for one night. Tomorrow morning, I will walk and pay the price for the indulgence.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cami,

where are they doing the auditions for the biggest loser? do you think I would be a good candidate? you and I should go down just for the hell of it. let me know about saturday...great to see you tdy even if I couldn;t catch up to you...thanks for waiting...ttys...fran Olsen

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

ack! Fran, you would be a GREAT candidate for that show. Except you really don't have that much weight to lose. :)

Unfortunately, the auditions were this past Saturday.

Today was fun. I missed walking back with you, but I'm proud of you for doing the run. I didn't have to wait long, and besides, I needed the cool down. :)

Post a Comment