Thursday, September 6, 2007

Interior Redesign

Leo at zenhabits.net had a great little challenge today. I'm still mulling over a few things, but the overwhelming thing that jumps out at me is how badly I want to truly have nothing to do. To get there is going to require a LOT of lists and streamlining and thinking, but I'm really feeling geared up about it.

Imagining what I would do if I had nothing to do reminded me of a fun little exercise I did a year or so ago. I pulled out pen and paper and made a list of things I would do if I won the lottery. When I finally put the pen down and reread what I had written, I was amazed to see that quite a few items were within my reach. (Thing Glenda the Good Witch: You've had the power all along, my dear.) Back then, I think Hire a Personal Trainer was #3 on the list. I messed around before I actually did it, but I finally bit and it's been life changing. Really life changing. With the coaxing of a friend, I'm now considering actually becoming a Certified Personal Trainer sometime next year. I'm still at the exploratory phase, and I have along way to go until I've reached a comfort level with my own fitness, but I'm definitely feeling a little buzzed by the idea. At minimum, just completing the curriculum would give me information I really need to maintain my own fitness level.

I love when things like this happen. Out of the blue, an article or idea comes along that completely changes what I think I know about myself. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment