Wednesday, September 12, 2007

42 and Counting

Today was my second assessment at Fitness Together, and 42 is the Big Number. That's how many pounds I've lost since February. Giving credit where it's due, 32 of those pounds have been shed since I started working with the trainers 3 months ago. (Trainers, take a bow!)

Of the 32 pounds lost, 11 were muscle pounds, meaning I replaced 11 fat pounds with 11 muscle pounds. More good numbers!

One of the best numbers was my active heart rate: 91 after a 3-minute step test. Six weeks ago, it was 117, I think, but to be fair, last time we used two steps and this time only one. Still, it's a good number. :)

I moved from below average to average in a couple of categories, and in one, I moved from well below average to the simple below average. Woo-hoo!

The only other thing I remember is that my pinch tests for body fat came out in the 20s for triceps and hip area, but is still in the low 30s for thighs. My thighs were not pleased as they have been tortured with all sorts of contortions these past few months.

And I still can't do a real push-up. But I did 20 Cammy-ups and I think I only did 5 during my initial assessment.

So overall, I'm Very Pleased. In total, I lost only 2.75 more inches (my shoulders even measured bigger!), but the weight loss and other numbers more than made up for it. Great momentum for the vacation I embarked upon today.

Not to brag or anything, but I'm pretty damned proud of myself. And more than a little grateful to my wonderful trainers.

1 comment:

Francine Olsen said...

Way to go Cammy! I totally admire you! you are my inspiration to keep on going even when I have bad days, (weeks are more like it.) Anyway, keep up the good work and I will see you in two sundays! Hope you are having a great vacation! Fran OOOOO

Post a Comment