Saturday, September 22, 2007

Back to the Grind

The Chicago trip is now a memory, and a very good one, at that. It was so much fun to see my friends, especially those who are sharing this same fitness journey. They've all done so well, and I'm so proud of them. One has lost 62 pounds, another is training for a marathon, and still another is maintaining a 70+ pound weight loss. They set the bar high, and I love them for it.

I managed to eat properly during the entire trip, with a few delicious splurges to remind me that I was on vacation. I worked out almost every day, in one form or another. Perhaps that's why I came back to a 1.4 lb. weight loss for the week!

So now I'm back into the swing of things. I've got a good start on an energetic playlist for my Shuffle:

Walking On Sunshine ~ Katrina & The Waves
Walk the Dinosaur ~ Was (Not Was)
These Are Days ~ 10,000 Maniacs
I Touch Myself ~ Divinyls
Brick House ~ The Commodores
Material Girl ~ Madonna
Tell Her About It ~ Billy Joel
Celebration ~ Kool & The Gang
I Just Called to Say I Love You ~ Stevie Wonder
Cartoon Heroes (Radio) ~ Aqua
If I Had $1,000,000 ~ Barenaked Ladies
Rescue Me ~ Fontella Bass
25 Miles ~ Edwin Starr
Don't Stop ~ Fleetwood Mac
I Can't Go for That (No Can Do) ~ Daryl Hall & John Oates
Express Yourself ~ Madonna
Walking In Memphis ~ Marc Cohn
You Make Me Feel so Young ~ Frank Sinatra
Get the Party Started ~ P!nk
I'm So Excited ~ The Pointer Sisters
He's So Shy ~ The Pointer Sisters
We Are Family ~ Sister Sledge

What's odd is that many of the songs are not music I'd listen to on a normal day, but it's all perfect for walking. It's not bad for housecleaning, either! In fact, I think I'll try it now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment