Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunday goal check

I'm feeling really frustrated right now. Mentally, I'm ready to take on more strenuous exercise, but my body keeps throwing up roadblocks. My legs just won't walk any faster! Plus, I have new blisters on the bottoms of my feet. My toes feel like they're on fire when I walk. I'm trying to push through, but I'm finding out that patience is yet another virtue I just don't have.

Pretty good week goal-wise. I walked at least 30 minutes every day, but I never did make it to an hour. I did two yoga practices. I had planned for three practices, but I came up a little short.
Got all my fruits and veggies in Every Single Day! And I made it through another week with no major splurges. Thank God for Sugar-free Fudgesicles!

Today I walked out at
Shelby Farms, a park in East Memphis. I almost didn't walk outside today. We've got ugly air, due to drifting from the fires in Georgia and Florida, and we've had a gray haze for three days. You can see it, a little, in the photo below. The bison had apparently already completed their walk and were in the cool down phase.

Bison - Shelby Farms

I don't know when I'll try this park again. The trail I was on was 1.67 miles, which is perfect for me right now, but it also is almost completely without shade. Not good in the heat of a Memphis summer, though it will probably be okay for fall and winter. We'll see.

All in all, a satisfying week, and I guess wanting to do more exercise isn't totally a bad thing. It's a far cry from where I was this time last month, right? Right!

Onward and upward! Or in my case, downward! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment