Thursday, August 2, 2007

Fuel for the Fire

More people are noticing my weight loss success and mentioning it in the nicest ways. Over the past few days, four people have said something nice about the way I look. One comment came from a VP at my company, who said I'm inspiring him. Wow. That was huge. Only a miraculous surge of willpower kept me from bursting into happy tears. I think of all the compliments I've received that was the best. Not because it came from a VP, but just the idea that I could inspire anyone...

Last night when I was working with the trainer, I realized that while some exercises make me feel strong, others make me just feel fat. When I'm doing arm work, I feel great, but when we do any core work, I feel like a big fat blob. Any sort of wall sitting and planks are the worst. Jumping Jacks are a bitch too. I can hardly focus on the exercise for the chanting in my head: You'refatYou'refatYou'refat! Not the best frame of mind to build a future on. It makes the work that much harder.

I was pondering today, trying to figure out how to get myself into the right frame of mind, and I think I'm going to start substituting the last great compliment I received from someone in place of the nega-chant. I inspire, I inspire, I inspire! might be much more helpful in keeping me focused on the fight at hand. I certainly hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment