Thursday, August 9, 2007

Progress and then some

Yesterday was weigh-in day. Are you ready? Eight pounds! Yes, that's eight, the number after seven and before nine. I was a tad schocked, but oh so pleased. I guess the pounds were hanging on just to have a dramatic exit all at once.

The funny thing was that, while the eight pounds were exciting, the big drop wasn't the best part of yesterday. Or maybe it's more correct to say that there were other things that made me just as happy: two more people commenting about the changes they see in me, moving up five lunges in my workout, being guilted (happily) into adding 25 minutes of cardio at the end of my workout so that I'm now at 201 extra minutes for the month, doing my grocery shopping after my workout so that I would have the "right" foods on hand, when all I wanted to do was go home and cool off--all successes, too, of varying sorts. It all makes me feel really good about being me right now, and it makes me think I'm finally building a better 'big picture' for myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cami!

This is Fran Olsen from Life style ftness...we walked together last sunday at chik fila! 8 lbs is awesome. I don;t think I've lost more then 2 or three since I started there. Anyway, I will be at chick fila tomorrow...hope to see you there! Keep up the good work!

Post a Comment