Thursday, July 26, 2007

Playing the Numbers Game

The results are in on my six-week fitness assessment:
Inches lost:
neck -1.75
shoulders - 0
chest -4.25
waist -4.5
hips -4.5
thigh -2.5
calf -1.25
upper arm - 0 (all those weights!)
forearm -1

Total = 19.75" gone.

Weight loss was only 10 lbs. for the six weeks. I kind of expected more, but while I've cut out the unhealthy snacks (no-mo Li'l D Swiss Rolls), I haven't exactly starved. I've been averaging about 1200-1300 calories a day and I've stayed in my fat/carb limits every single day. I have to feel good about that. I'll just presume that the extra weight I feel I should've lost was actually converted to muscle. Yeah, that's it. Plus, it makes me feel pretty good that I lost 10 lbs. on my own before I started training.

The best news was that my resting heartrate went from 80 to 72. The goal is 65. I hope to get there by the end of August. The trainers (a.k.a. Satan's Grrrlz) are having some sort of cardio contest in August with prizes for the most cardio minutes racked up. I hope it's extra sessions, especially if I should win. :) Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment