Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Pants! And Other News

Okay, so who do you know who not only found pants that fit, but pants in a smaller size that fit? One guess.

All right, I'll tell you: ME! And these are not your ordinary pants. These pants have an actual button waistband without even a hint of elastic. To make things even better, I went to another store and found another pair of pants that fit. I picked up two different colors of that style. And then, finally, I went to yet another store and found a shirt...yes, in a smaller size! How much do I love myself and my trainers right now? (And this despite the fact that I'm pretty sure my trainers are trying to kill me--one appendage at a time.)

That all happened last Friday. On Monday, I went to the office nurse for a regular blood pressure check. It was 80/50. A couple more weeks of this, and I'll be knocking on my doctor's door.

Since I have to work tomorrow, I went ahead and had my July 4th splurge tonight. It was an order of Rafferty's french fries--the first fries I've had in months--and they were delicious... while I was eating them. A half hour later I wanted to pull the car to the side of the road and dismiss them. I won't be doing that again anytime soon. The barbecue chicken and salad were good, though. (My next scheduled splurge is July 26th in Chicago: Pizza! Real pizza with real crust and real cheese. I'm hoping for better results than I had with the fries.)

Nothing much happening otherwise. As I said earlier, I have to work part of tomorrow. I moved my workout to 8 a.m. to be sure I got it in. (I didn't even know about the fries at the time.)

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment