Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Like a Bad Penny

I turn up again. I didn't realize until today that I had completely forgotten to post a progress report. Or two.

What's a real pity is that there's definitely progress to report. My blood pressure has gone from being high to being too low. For weeks now, it's been fluctuating between 80/50 and 94/60. My Before BP was usually high 120's/80's, and that was with the medication. So apparently they weren't lying when they said regular exercise and a healthy diet will help your blood pressure. :)

Because my energy level was so low, I went to see my primary care physician last week, and---*drumroll--- he halved the dosage on my medication! I think I might be on my way to getting rid of the prescription all together, which would be so very cool.

Dr. S. also informed me that I've lost 21 pounds since February! What's so especially wonderful about that is that I suspect I actually gained some weight in March and April, so it's possible I've lost more than 21 lbs. since May 8th. I have my first "fitness assessment" with the personal trainers next week, six weeks after starting this exercise program. I'll be sure to post a report. I've lost a size for sure, and am well on my way to being another size smaller.

I really can't believe how easy this has been. There have been moments here and there that have been difficult, but overall, the combination of sparkpeople.com, the trainers, and the support of truly wonderful friends has made this transition to a healthier me so much easier.

If you're one of those wonderful friends, I love you and I thank you from the bottom of my healthier-already heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment