Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday Rambling 11/25/07

From here in rainy Memphis and beyond:

First things first: Congratulations to Trainer Rachel, who placed first among women in the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot here in Memphis. Way to go, Rachel!

Speaking of trainers,
Fitness Together – Germantown is hosting two open house nights this week. Stop by on Wednesday (11/28/07) or Thursday (11/29/07) to meet the trainers and the new manager. As I understand it, they’ll be doing mini-fitness assessments and, perhaps more importantly, there will be snacks! Oh, and I’ll be there, too, sharing tales of my journey so far. You’ll find all of us (and the snacks) at 7655 Farmington Blvd, Germantown (directly behind Autozone).


Shanna Thompson at LifeScript.com published
this great little workout when you need something on the easy side, as I do just now


Memphis blogger Paul Ryburn had
this interesting idea for downtown Memphis. I only wonder why we couldn’t expand it to points east of downtown as well.

I’ve been following an interesting story around the ‘net today. It started when I found
this article on 3 Fat Chicks. I’ve never heard of Kimkins or her diet, but it’s looking like a lot of unhappy people are now unhappier. I find myself conflicted between feeling sympathy for the desperate people who bought into this woman’s ridiculous scheme and feeling something closer to anger toward them.


And something on the silly side, I had my blog “
rated” and here’s the result:




I don't know what it means, but I’m sure it’s about as scientific as Kimkin’s diet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment