Monday, October 29, 2007

The Road Warrior Returneth

Five cities in ten days. Not exactly a relaxing trip, but I had fun all the same. I covered Greenville, Columbia, and Charleston in South Carolina, then moved down to Savannah, GA for a week, and then back up to Atlanta. This was part business, part fun, and the fun definitely won out! Walking wasn't a problem at all in Charleston and Savannah. I also squeezed in one workout in Atlanta. Eating healthy was easier during the vacation part of the trip. The class I was attending included lots of unhealthy snacks. I held out until the end of the week, but then I indulged a bit. Nothing major, certainly nothing to get upset about, but not something I want to repeat any time soon.

I came home to
this startling news: Memphis has been designated as the most sedentary city in the U.S. According to this study, about 65 percent of the population here is obese or overweight. I hate being a statistic, and I'm doubly glad I had a good workout before I read the article. :)

In other news, I spent yesterday and today getting rid of Every Single Item of cool/cold weather clothing I own. My closet has been decimated. My thinking on that has shifted (mostly). In addition to being a sign of fitness progress, it's also kind of freeing having only a few things to wear. I'm definitely going to try to keep new purchases to a minimum for a while. If I'm really lucky, it will be a permanent approach.

1 comment:

Francine Olsen said...

Your trip sounds like so much fun! I wish i could travel like that! Getting rid of your clothes that were way too big for you is a great way to stay motivated and i totally agree with you...it is kind of nice only having a few things to choose from. There is something to be said about getting rid of the "clutter" in your life. I think for a woman, when your clothes closet is more manageablw then you feel your life can be more manageable! i wish I can do that with my food closet to! LOL!

Post a Comment