Saturday, October 13, 2007

Still Going...and Going

    If I'm being completely honest, I have to admit that when I started this latest journey to fitness, I never thought I'd end up where I am right now. Where am I, you ask? Well, that would be at the minus 48.75 pound mark, that's where. Yep, you read that right:
    Almost 50 pounds!

    I really can't get my mind around that. The good news is that it doesn't seem to be messing with my drive at this point, so I'll just leave the questions out there in the background until they become an issue.

    In other news, I've been playing around with my cardio goal for a few months, and I've finally reached a weekly target that works: 210 minutes per week. In the event you are math challenged, that's 30 minutes a day, every day. Now, I don't want to walk every day, so that means I have to absorb the extra 30 minutes in other walks throughout the week. Also, on strength-training days (M,W,F), I'm only scheduled to walk for 15 minutes, so I have to make up that time, too. Sometimes I do an extra 15 minutes after I work out; other times I add 10-15 minutes to my other daily walks. So far, it's working pretty well.

    Another thing I've been doing is going through my closet and getting rid of what doesn't fit. Which is damn near everything. Several people have suggested I box things up and store them, "just in case." I can see some sense in that, but at the same time, it feels almost like a sign that I don't believe in myself. And I do believe in myself, but I confess to a swirling fear somewhere in the background. Maybe the answer is to pick ten favorite things to keep, but get rid of everything else. I'll have to ponder that, but not for long. This stuff has to go sometime soon.

    Why am I making this a sad thing?

    2 comments:

    Moon said...

    SUPER congratulations miss Cammy! Those numbers are mucho impressive!

    I'm with you on the clothing thing, too...although I haven't gotten as far as actually boxing things up. I just have stacks and stacks of folded clothing lining my closet, like it's waiting to come out and play in the snow or something. I guess I have the same mixed emotions - challenge and fear and confidence stuff - keeping me from getting rid of it all just yet.

    Keep rockin' it, inspiring pal o' mine!

    Francine Olsen said...

    Hey Cammy, I got rid of all of the stuff that doesn't fit so now I am conviced that I am never going back. Like you, I believe in myself and I want to change my life so just get rid of everything that doesn't fit. Girl you are almost 50lbs lighter, trust me, you are not going back either. Chances are most of your bigger clothes are out of date anyway. So go and update your wardrobe with clothes that actually fit and are in style!

    You are an inspiration!

    Post a Comment